So you’ve taken the jump and decided to list your property on Airbnb. But where do you start to get your property in the best possible state? Obviously first impressions are vital, so we at VenturedAhead have compiled a few tips to help you prepare.
Here are our top 8 Tips to Prepare Your Property for Airbnb and Short Term Rentals
1. Ensure the property’s yard/gardens & exterior of the home are neat, tidy & well-presented. Essential for great first impressions.
2. Address any pest issues
3. Check to see if appliances are in good working order. This includes; kitchen accessories, garage doors, etc. Remove any old/outdated appliances. Remember fresh batteries in all remotes!
4. Clean all air-conditioners/split systems filters
5. Be sure to have all carpets & soft furnishings steam cleaned and blinds, curtains recently washed.
6. Ensure taps & fittings in bathrooms/kitchen/laundry are not dripping; including exterior taps in gardens and under house.
7. Be sure to have your bathroom sparkling, free of mold, mildew, soap scum & calcium build-up etc…
8. Clean the sometimes forgotten smaller areas of the home such as: window & door tracks, ceiling fans, light fixtures, window sills, back of cupboards/drawers & under laundry tubs.
Remember to present your investment property to the exact standard that you would expect a guest to leave it. View your listing in the eyes of a potential guest.
Best of luck on your investment endeavors!
VenturedAhead was established late 2015, to fill the gap between Airbnb and intuited property owners, making the whole process easier to manage. For more information about our services head to www.VenturedAhead.com or contact Mike at email@example.com